- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in financial aid office
- Knowledge of and experience with Massachusetts programs, including DCF, Mass Rehab
- Background and/or experience in counseling techniques
- Experience using enterprise systems, such as PeopleSoft, Onbase, NSLDS, COD, and CPS
- Knowledge of federal, state, and university financial aid laws, regulations, policies, and procedures
- Experience in exercising discretion and handling confidential information
- Proficiency in a foreign language(s)
- Prior experience in enrollment management service environment
- Advanced knowledge of PeopleSoft student administration system
- Ability to perform and communicate arithmetic computations
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills and ability to relate to diverse constituents while communicating rules, procedures, and policy with tact
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment with multiple deadlines and frequently changing priorities
- Ability to work effectively individually and as a member of a team
- Be detail oriented and have the ability to maintain accurate records
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite applications including strong Excel skills
Salem State University complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified applicants and employee with disabilities.
Office activities are performed in an environmentally controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, keyboarding and interaction with computer equipment; occasional bending, reaching, lifting, pushing and pulling up to 10 pounds.
Ability to work a flexible schedule according to departmental needs, which may include occasional evenings and weekends.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please apply online and attach resume and cover letter.
Employment is contingent upon a completed background and CORI check satisfactory to the university. Internal candidates are not subject to background check.
Salem State University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Persons of color, women and persons with disabilities are strongly urged to apply.
Please Note: If there is no application deadline associated with a position, it may come down at any time. Once a posting is removed, additional applications will not be accepted.