- Master’s Degree in a related field supporting diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts in an institution of higher education (e.g,. multicultural education, sociology, critical race and/or gender studies, disability studies, American studies, anthropology, public policy, etc.)
- 5-8 years of experience, creating, managing and facilitating high quality, comprehensive training and education programs
- Demonstrated understanding of, and support for, key concepts in diversity, equity, and inclusion training, including: critical race theory, feminism, queer theory, multisystemic privilege, oppression, protected classes, and micro-aggressions, etc.
- Experience facilitating trainings, meetings and seminars around diversity and inclusion
- Terminal degree in a related field supporting diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts in an institution of higher education (e.g,. multicultural education, sociology, critical race and/or gender studies, disability studies, American studies, anthropology, public policy, etc.)
- Experience facilitating, delivering, and assessing training programs related to diversity, equity and inclusion within a higher education setting
- Experience and knowledge in recruiting and retention of compositionally diverse staff
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work in an office environment that is diverse by race, gender, sexuality, religion, etc.
Salem State University complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified applicants and employees with disabilities.
Office activities are performed in an environmentally controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting and standing, keyboarding and interaction with computer equipment; Occasional bending, reaching, lifting, pushing and pulling up to 10 pounds.
Occasional evening or weekend hours, as needed.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please apply online and attach resume and cover letter.
Employment is contingent upon a completed background and CORI check satisfactory to the university. Internal candidates are not subject to background check.
Salem State University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Persons of color, women and persons with disabilities are strongly urged to apply.