- Master's degree in student affairs or related field
- Relevant student housing/residence life experience with two or more years of live-in experience as a professional staff member
- Experience working independently, as well as on a team; demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with a broad range of internal and external constituents including students, employers, alumni, faculty, and staff
- Demonstrated ability to exercise good judgement and react calmly and effectively in emergency situations
- Demonstrated commitment to issues of diversity and success in creating inclusive communities
- Experience with and knowledge of student leadership and RHA organizations
- Strong time management and problem solving skills; ability to organize, prioritize and complete multiple tasks simultaneously with close attention to detail in order to meet deadlines
- Possess good planning, administrative, supervisory, and budget-management skills
- Excellent written oral and interpersonal communication skills
- 2-3 years of student and/or supervisory experience
- Familiarity with social media channels and a high degree of comfort with using technology to communicate and share information
- Previous student conduct experience
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite
Salem State University complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified applicants and employee with disabilities.
Office activities are performed in an environmentally controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting and standing, keyboarding and interaction with computer equipment; Occasional bending, reaching, lifting, pushing and pulling up to 10 pounds.
Willingness and ability to work evenings and weekends.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please apply online and attach resume and cover letter.
Employment is contingent upon a completed background and CORI check satisfactory to the university. Internal candidates are not subject to background check.
Salem State University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Persons of color, women and persons with disabilities are strongly urged to apply.
Please Note: If there is no application deadline associated with a position, it may come down at any time. Once a posting is removed, additional applications will not be accepted.